Wednesday, August 09, 2023

Tuesday with a sick kid

Wordle 781 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

T. brought the kid to camp yesterday since my team meeting was right at the drop-off time. (Next week maybe I'll take it by phone, not sure.) It went well enough. In the later morning I meant to work and/or watch an episode or two of that meditation show, but got caught up in Warcraft.

I had lunch around 1. While eating, T. called. The kid wasn't feeling well. So I scarfed down lunch, drove to get her, stopped by the library, came home, and got her settled in bed - that part wasn't hard, she was out - just in time for the therapy session. Among other things she suggested I keep a detailed log of my time. Like a journal but much more detailed. This might be helpful but might also be maddening. 

After that, another meeting. After that, a little housework, interrupted by parenting; the kid woke up crying. I read a lot of Harry Potter to her. T. did some shopping on the way home but took a nap while I read to the kid and cooked; she wasn't feeling well.

Dinner was pasta and cauliflower. Not my finest work, but it was a long day. 

I got ready for bed early and was in bed with the lights out by 9. T. wasn't up too much longer.

I woke up at 4 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. T. wasn't snoring, I just had insomnia, I guess. The kid asked me to sit with her for a bit. I went back to bed briefly but got up and went downstairs before 5:15.

No comments: