Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Skip day

Wordle 787 3/6

⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday the kid slept in until around 8:30. I took her to camp after 9. It was uneventful, finally

I was lazy yesterday, and after the previous week, I don't feel bad about it. I basically had the house to myself - T. was upstairs and I helped her with a few things here and there, but she's feeling fine, she's just quarantining responsibly. I also had no urgent deadlines at work. Last week I was diligent because tasks were piling up and because I was taking time off without notice. Yesterday, fuck it.

I didn't even have to go get the kid as early as we had expected/feared. She went to a friend's house after camp. I drove to get her, did some grocery shopping on the way, and picked her up more or less uneventfully.

I didn't get any exercise, and I do feel a bit bad about that. I wouldn't have wanted to do anything too strenuous, not after jogging the day before and with physical therapy coming up today, but I wish I had at least hit the 6,000-step mark. 

Dinner was chicken and glazed carrots. Not fancy, but, yet again, relaxation seemed needed.

No comments: