Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Lazy Tuesday

Wordle 802 2/6

🟩🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Awesome.

Got the kid to school uneventfully yesterday. 

Work was OK. Three meetings, but I didn't have to do anything in two of them (in fact, I was significantly late to both of those), and our team meeting was productive. I didn't get too much actually done, but between those and lots of Q&A about various work-related things, I don't feel too bad about it.

One thing I did instead was focus on health-care issues. I went jogging in the late morning, just 2.1 miles, but anything is better than nothing. I also made a primary care physician appointment. It's been over 11 months; close enough, and I'm sort of thinking that I should start looking into the insomnia there. I also finally made an appointment with another therapist. I had another appointment with my current therapist scheduled for yesterday afternoon and wanted to say I had done all my homework. But as soon as I made that appointment with someone else, my appointment this afternoon was cancelled. I felt kind of let down by that.

Another thing I spent time on is Warcraft. Tuesday, of course. It was frustrating. I feel like I'm hitting the limits of my skill - my group members certainly thought so. I started the week with an Uldaman+18 key. The group got stuck on the fourth boss with about 9 minutes left on the timer and fell apart. I figured I'd do the +17. The group got to the fifth boss, the last one, with about 9 minutes left on the timer, but someone died and went AFK and we couldn't finish. I did the +16. We killed the last boss with about one minute left on the timer. My score increased from 2448 to 2449. It's technically progress, but Jesus Christ, it was terrible. Makes me feel like rerolling (but my following two or three characters aren't flavor of the month either) or simply giving up.

I got the kid at her friend's house. It was a struggle dragging them apart. Not cute or fun, just a pain. Talking about punishments got her moving; maybe I should have done that earlier.

Dinner was French onion soup. New, easy, and accommodating to the expander. She liked it in the store. She didn't like it at home. 

I chatted with T. after putting the kid to bed. It was fine.

No comments: