Sunday, August 20, 2023

Tiring, productive, not much parenting

Wordle 792 2/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Cool.

Yesterday I went jogging first thing in the morning. Good for me. It was day 10 since T.'s covid test, which means the end of quarantine. So it was nice to be back in my own bed, no longer wear a mask around the house, and touch my wife again.

The usual Saturday brunch was nice. After that I tried weeding out front. It was so overgrown, one battery charge wasn't enough, but I hope it would be if we do it more often. Then we walked the kid to a friend's house, where she spent most of the day. We went to the farmer's market, and then home to get cleaned up (dirty morning!). 

Then we went to Costco for some general shopping and Lowe's. We wound up returning both the trash can we bought two weeks ago and the toilet paper holder. Don't really need the first and can find a better version of the second, I guess.

Around 4 I took a nap. It was needed.

Dinner was ribs and corn on the cob. Very messy. Convenient that they can both go on the grill. Unfortunately I forgot about the kids' tooth issues - rubber bands and also a loose tooth. Oh well.

Bedtime was hard. Fortunately it was T.'s problem for the first time in 10 days. :) I don't blame her for setting limits, we've been letting the kid go nuts over the summer.

No comments: