Monday, August 07, 2023

Sick kid, a night out for the girls, rainy birthday

Wordle 779 6/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

We had brunch plans for my birthday but cancelled them because the kid was sick. Instead we simply had scrambled eggs and toast, and the kid opted for something even simpler, cereal.

Shortly after that we took her to the only pediatrician we know of that's open on Sundays for walk-ins. She had a fever of 103. Definitely an ear infection. The doctor's visit itself was fine. On the way home we did a little grocery shopping and got one of the prescriptions we needed, uneventfully enough. Then we called the doctor to verify that there were supposed to be two, as we suspected. 

The first CVS said they'd have it by phone, but when I got there, couldn't find it, but said the next-closest CVS would have it. They didn't. The next one I called said they didn't have it either. The next one had their voice mail set up to say they didn't have a pharmacy at all. The one after that didn't answer their phone at all. After that I gave up on that chain and called the Giant pharmacy and they had it. Yay. So I called the doctor back, had them send the prescription to the supermarket, and did a little more shopping while I waited. 

That took about two hours. Shortly after I got back, T. and the kid got ready to go to the Beyoncé concert. I had my doubts, but they were both interested, so they went. I had pizza from Mozzeria for dinner. I planned to get takeout and eat at home, but while I was waiting for it, heavy rain started, so I ate at the bar there. 

After that, a little Warcraft, and then the fifth episode of the meditation series the therapist recommended. What with one thing and another I didn't get to bed until a little after 10 - the usual time, in other words, but I had hoped to get to bed earlier than usual. Something woke me around 12:30 AM. T. and the kid got home after 1:30.

No comments: