Friday, August 11, 2023

Unplanned parenting

Wordle 783 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The early morning yesterday was uneventful. The camp the kid is signed up for this week starts at 9 AM, but I have a meeting from 9 to 10:30, so the plan was for T. to take her to camp. But of course, T. has covid. So the kid watched TV while I had that meeting, and another one after it starting at 11. She also played with some building blocks a bit so she wasn't just vegetating.

I logged off around 11:30 for some parenting. I took her to the park for a bit. Then home for lunch, and some texting with the father of a friend of hers. Then I took her for a bike ride. She'd be a passenger on the ebike. Getting ready took time; it has been a while. We went further north on the Metropolitan Branch Trail then ever before. We could have gone further than that, but I was worried about the bike's tires and how remote the route was getting - can't put the ebike on a bus if gets a flat. On the way back I got more covid tests, since we're out, and tried to get groceries but the line was long and we were running late for the playdate.

The girls had fun. In the end it was only an hour; I wish we had kept them busy longer. But I think they had somewhere to be, and it was starting to rain. We got back just before it started to pour, so can't complain about that.

I had planned a stir-fry for dinner but only had the energy for pizza. Afterwards the kid put on The Wizard of Oz and I didn't object. She wanted to stay up late reading later than I did.

No comments: