Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Weird Monday

Wordle 773 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

First thing in the morning, we took the car to the shop for "maintenance required." It turned out to not be important, just an automatic warning that turns on after a certain amount of time. They recommended rotating the tires, but we happened to do that at Costco last month, so we were out of there in just 15 minutes. Cool. On the way home T. got a breakfast sandwich and I had a donut and that helped us suffer through rush hour. 

Work was OK. Fewer meetings than I thought, but still had two. Got a few things done but still have a big backlog. 

I couldn't go jogging early due to the car thing, but the weather was much more mild than most of the past month, so I went jogging around 11:30. It was fine. I came just in time to get an email about an urgent task, so urgent that it was ridiculous and raised concerns about their work process or what they think ours is.... buuuut after a few more questions, they apologized and said it wasn't needed at all. Yay. Nice little tempest in a teapot. 

I worked on several random minor things until late in the afternoon. Dinner was ravioli, corn on the cob, and a salad - individually simple and easy but a three-course meal is almost always more work than two-course. 

After dinner we called my dad and talked to him, and also talked to the kid for the first time in a while. She's having fun. Around then we also worked on some various paperwork that has been hanging over our heads for a while. Some college savings account planning, some renovation planning, etc. Boring and frustrating but I think we got the essentials done on the college thing for now, which is a big step.

I woke up around 5 AM this morning due to T.'s snoring. Luckily I was able to get roughly another hour of sleep on the couch or I'd really be miserable now.

No comments: