Thursday, November 24, 2022

A half-day for us, no school at all for the kid

Wordle 523 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I did the biweekly report - schedule changed due to the holiday, of course - while the kid was home because she had the day off school but we didn't have the day off work. Meanwhile the kid just read or watched TV. T.'s workday was similar. Not great parenting or professionalism, but it was only a half-day right before a holiday. As usual, one of the reports came in late, but we had them all by noon. 

T. logged off around then and took the kid to the park. I had lunch, did my due diligence on the last of the report (and played a little WoW), and logged off about half an hour after her. They came back right around then for snacks. 

Shortly after that we all went out again. I took the kid to a park a little bigger and further away than the one across the street, and T. kept walking to a pharmacy to get her flu shot. While at the park, we saw a kid in the t-shirt of the kid's school, so the kids played and I struck up a conversation with her mother and exchanged phone numbers. Maybe they'll have another playdate at some point. After that we got pastries at a nearby bakery. 

The kid's usual guitar lesson went well enough.

Dinner was grilled cheese and a tomato soup. Easy and didn't generate leftovers for once.

Checking in on the alcohol

Last night I had a beer with dinner. Between this and today I have also had two Manhattans. I haven't kept careful track but I'm pretty sure that's it. I'm a tiny bit relieved I was able to do so, that it wasn't harder. Maybe the difference is simply that this time I tried cutting back, I told T. about it.

No comments: