Sunday, November 13, 2022

On the mend?

Wordle 512 4/6

🟨⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning, in addition to everything else, I had pinkeye. I assumed it had to be yet another symptom of the general illness I've had, but T. thought it could be separate, and after a simple breakfast at home I saw a doctor and he agreed with her. He prescribed me eyedrops for the pinkeye and two other medicines for the general illness. 

I got home from that a little after noon. (The doctor's office was on H St. between 3rd and 4th, the pharmacy was on H and 7th, and I walked home afterwards despite being under the weather. My parents expressed doubt recently about whether living in a city was worth it but I like things being in walking distance!) I lay down for a couple hours while T. took the kid to a playdate and did some shopping. I also watched a little of the Batman cartoon, since Kevin Conroy had died recently. I never watched much of that show myself, but more of the JLA shows in the same universe, so there's some nostalgia.

Later in the afternoon, the kid went to a trampoline park with a different friend. T. cleaned the car and put away the Halloween decorations. I folded the laundry and generally helped out in low-effort ways. Then we just relaxed. She was exhausted; she almost been single-parenting for the past week. 

Dinner was pork dumplings and salad. 

Last night I went to bed around 9. I got up with a coughing fit around 11 and gargled salt water. Around 5 I woke up with minor general symptoms, took my medication regimen, and lay down on the couch. So, still not flawless, but better than the past several nights.

No comments: