Sunday, November 20, 2022

Exhausting physically, relaxing mentally

Wordle 519 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday, instead of the usual pancakes and bacon, we had eggs and bacon, and a big cinnamon roll from a school fundraiser. Then we started the laundry. Later in the morning we walked to REI for a quick errand - my boot laces had broken last spring and I hadn't found or gotten around to replacing them with laces of the right size until now. Afterward we took the kid to a nearby park she liked for about half an hour. 

After that, a friend of hers came over to play. They got antsy in the house, so I walked them over to a park. I guess they could have entertained themselves better, they kept on wanting to play hide and seek with me and hide together, but there weren't behavior issues.

Dinner was spaghetti and green beans. Easy enough.

And after that, I took the kid and her friend across the street to a scout ice skating event. It was fun. The kid fell a lot but her more experienced friends were helpful enough.

So as the title says, this was as much walking as any day since Spain probably, plus ice skating, but in the end I was just supervising the kid. (She and her friends were annoying in age-appropriate ways but there were no major issues. Can't complain.)

No comments: