Friday, November 25, 2022

Thanksgiving

Wordle 524 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Made pancakes and bacon for breakfast yesterday, a little more rushed than usual. Then we finished packing for a trip to T.'s cousin and his family for the holiday, in Richmond. We started driving around 10:30 AM. We made good time, about 2 hours, maybe because we almost had the express lane to ourselves. 

The dinner was good. Lucky us (or good planning to see family at a moderate distance, or lazy); we brought wine, crackers, cheese, and a pie, but nothing laborious. After stuffing ourselves, we went on a short walk around a nearby park. Then back to their place for dessert.

In the evening we played card and board games. It was fun. There was at least one we're probably going to buy ourselves. The kid got to stay up late doing so, until almost 10 PM - late for her. She, T., and I all went to bed around the same time.

I got up at 6:30, after an uninterrupted night or very nearly. I have no idea why I sleep better away from home but T.'s snoring probably isn't it. Maybe it's too bright in our bedroom?

We had a simple breakfast, a leisurely morning hanging out (I played chess with one of the cousins; I lost, but it was a closer/better game than any I've had since I was a kid), and a lunch of leftovers. Started driving home around 1 and got here around 4. Not as good as driving there but not as bad as it could have been.

No comments: