Wednesday, November 02, 2022

Weird Tuesday

Wordle 501 5/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Kind of feel like I should have got it in 4, but I just couldn't think of the word.

Once again, the kid was home sick. She entertained herself very well. So well that I almost feel bad about not making her do something more productive or edifying than simply reading or playing with her toys/dolls. She slept in a bit, played, and read to herself in her room for most of the day. Meanwhile T. and I worked. I had one meeting. T. had several.

My parents came over a little after noon and just hung out and talked. We covered school issues and the home renovation plans, among other things. Around 3, my dad and I walked to the store for a little shopping, and the kid and my mom went to the playground. While I cooked, we all watched part of Hocus Pocus 2. My parents hadn't seen the first one but seemed to enjoy it anyway. Dinner was rosemary beef tips (easy from Trader Joe's), and a salad and mashed potatoes, both provided by my parents. We said goodbye to them shortly after. 

As for Warcraft, Tuesday is usually the heavy WoW day, but I almost didn't play at all yesterday due to the family stuff. I'm moving from frustration to apathy on those last three Fated Heroic bosses. I still enjoy the game, but not the raid and maybe not the character I've made progress so far on. If I really cared about this, I would have worked harder on it earlier. 

EDIT: Just an hour after I posted this, I joined a pickup group that got two of those three bosses down with little difficulty. Surrender is freeing or something? I still have one boss to go, but I really don't want this to expire when I'm this close...

No comments: