Saturday, November 12, 2022

I picked the wrong day to quit drinking

Wordle 511 5/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟨🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

The title is not in reference to using alcohol to cope with stress or trauma like in the usual usage, exactly. It's just that this was a week ago, but my sleep has sucked for illness-related reasons rather than being too light or anything else. Alcohol might even have had minor therapeutic benefits with a bad cold or minor flu...

Yesterday breakfast was pancakes and bacon, usual for the first day of a weekend. By 11 I was back in bed. T. took the kid to a museum all day, along with a friend of hers. I gather it went well enough. I took it easy. Slept for hours, and didn't do much even when I was awake. Laundry and a little WoW, nothing remotely strenuous.

After gymnastics, dinner was Thai takeout. Good stuff.

Last night I woke up twice, despite progress in various ways. I feel sorry for T. as much as myself at this point.

No comments: