Monday, November 28, 2022

Friendsgiving

Wordle 527 5/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟨
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I didn't feel like making a fancy breakfast and didn't really have any options, but it was still a weekend, so I walked to the bagel shop for breakfast. 

Most of the time when working at home I've been sitting in the same dining room table chair I sit at for meals, but I've noticed recently that it's getting uncomfortable (and even T. noticed). She checked freecycle and found something suitable, so yesterday I drove across town to get it. 

In the afternoon we went to a "friendsgiving". T. wasn't sure about going due to illness but eventually decided to. When we got there, we found out there was a mixup about when it started - we thought it was 3 but it was supposed to be 5. I wish we were right; an earlier start and end would have been better for us, and it's simply hard to find the host's house in the dark. 

The food was good and the company was fun, but more for T. and the kid than for me. The kid was the life of the party, despite or maybe because of the fact that she was the only person there under 40. While everyone else was talking about football or which Congressmen they had met, she was drawing portraits of people and climbing the walls. I managed to make small talk, but by the time we left, a little after 9, I was definitely tired.

No comments: