Wednesday, November 30, 2022

A fun and adequately productive day to myself

Wordle 529 4/6

⬜🟨⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I drove the kid to school and T. to work and had the house to myself. Woo hoo. By the end of the day I got that completely new character to level 65 and most of the way through the first two zones of the expansion. I also sent a few emails, edited a document, and more or less stayed on top of things at work (although I did put several minor tasks off until this morning). 

Late in the day I ran a couple errands, to the hardware store for a bungee cord to hold up some Christmas decorations, plus some grocery shopping. I did this on foot even though I was short on time; more on this later. I met the kid and T. at school on schedule. Dinner was balsamic beef tips, beets, and leftover cauliflower.

Putting the kid to bed was hard. She can't fall asleep on her own, it took her a while to fall asleep with me there, and her mother gives her melatonin when she asks for a sleep aid but I don't like to. Not sure if I'm being reasonable or not but I didn't feel like doing the research at 9 last night.

Exercise

I haven't got much exercise over the past month or two for a lot of different reasons. We were traveling, I was sick, someone else was sick (so I didn't want to bother them and/or wanted to save my time and energy for taking care of the kid), the weather was too bad to bike, and so on. It really got noticeable yesterday. I don't feel too bad about yesterday itself, since it was effectively the launch day, but still. I made a point to do those errands on foot even though I had procrastinated long enough that I was in a bit of a rush. Walking seems like the bare minimum and I'm tempted to just walk a loop of a couple blocks today, but it's raining...

No comments: