Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Weird Tuesday

Wordle 515 X/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩

Stupid. Note to self, when I have _A_ER, get more letters before trying to guess it. 

Yesterday we drove the kid to school, I dropped T. off at work, I went to the grocery store to return these stamps, and I had the house to myself. One meeting for work in the morning, which went well. A little after that an "urgent" request came in which I volunteered for, and based on the little information we had seemed to be my responsibility anyways. I planned to work out, and got fully ready, including changing clothes, moving furniture to make room, and spreading out a mat, but at the last minute, I got a call with details on the task. Ugh. So much for working out. In hindsight it was more of a technical thing than a documentation task, but I made progress on it. If this sort of thing becomes common we'll have to get/change some software licensing, though. One meeting in the afternoon I only had to listen in on.

I had an eye doctor's appointment at 4. It was raining, so I drove there. In addition to generally being due, my sunglasses' frame broke, so I need to replace those. The exam and picking out new glasses went well enough. 

After that I went straight to pick the ladies up. It was a little early but T. had extra to carry so she needed the car. (I wasn't sure I'd do this straight after the appointment but prepared for the possibility, if only by bringing a snack for the kid. Good for me.)

Dinner was chicken and Brussels sprouts. While I was cooking, the kid was sending GIFs to a friend, and accidentally sent the wrong one or something and got frustrated, and this triggered a truly massive, age-inappropriate meltdown. We tried to be comforting but otherwise let her cry it out. When she was finally willing and able to talk about it, it turned out she had had a rough day at school, and we also suspected she was tired.

No comments: