Friday, November 04, 2022

Getting by

Wordle 503 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Biked the kid to school yesterday, so that was nice. 

T. went to the office yesterday, so I had the house to myself, so that was also nice. It was a normal day but I took up more space on the table and had my headphones off when playing WoW and in the meeting I didn't have to talk in. I had a second meeting, though, and my computer's built-in microphone apparently isn't as good as my headphones, so I still had to wear them for that. Oh well. I wasn't just talking in that meeting, I was basically giving a presentation, and it went well enough. Good for me. I could have got more done yesterday for work, but I figure that's enough...

I also worked out yesterday on the exercise bike. I kind of wish I had taken advantage of the free time to do even more, like biking on another errand or some upper body work, but on the other hand, who cares, anything is better than nothing. 

T. was going to a happy hour with co-workers, so I had to pick the kid up. It wasn't from school but from a Girl Scout event at a library, so she borrowed a book too, and finished reading it in the car ride home. Part of the reason I want to get her away from graphic novels and more into chapter books is they would keep her busy longer...

Out of concern for my all-too-common sleep issues, I've sworn off alcohol for one week, in hopes a literal detox will help.

Dinner was chicken with a vermouth and caper sauce and glazed carrots. 

I put the kid to bed, and went to bed myself by 9. T. followed shortly. She was disturbed by music from our new neighbors next door around 11 PM. (In their defense, they're deaf, so they had no idea it was loud.) Her snoring woke me around 4. Even so, last night was much better than the night before.

No comments: