Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Launch day

Wordle 528 3/6

⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
🟨🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Slow day yesterday. We drove the kid to school. A new request came in and it was minor enough that I could send it out for approval before the end of the day. I had a couple meetings. No technical difficulties in the first, but they caught me by surprise in the second one. It was the weekly repeat of this, with the same issues - maybe my computer doesn't like the host's computer?

Getting the kid was uneventful. Dinner was pork chops, cauliflower, and applesauce. 

Warcraft

Yesterday was the launch of Dragonflight, the new WoW expansion. I didn't mention it here before but I really completely finished my goals for Shadowlands. As I said here, I've been playing new characters a lot lately, both because the event makes it easy/fast and because nothing else was particularly important. 

The launch was at 6 PM EST to be exact. I didn't try to play then, partly because the family dinner and general real life comes first, partly because I expected it to be a mess. They usually are. I was right. My previous main was on a big server but I couldn't even log in there. I have several alts on servers that are normally "low" population but yesterday were "medium" or "high" and I could log in, but the new stuff was glitchy. Eventually I gave up on all my existing characters, found a server that was labeled "low" even last night, and created a completely new character. Not how I planned things and not sure I'll stick with it, but at least I got to play a little last night.

No comments: