Friday, October 13, 2023

Constant vigilance

Wordle 846 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I was more responsible than the day before. It was tiring. 

Getting the kid to school was fine. I mentioned a to-do list. It was eight items, mostly but not entirely work-related. Six of them were fairly immediate. The last two were more long-term, I couldn't finish them in one day if I tried, but I should get started on them soonish and not forget them. By the end of the day I did all six of the fairly immediate things. I could wish that some of them were finished earlier, further from the last minute, but still, good for me. I also had two meetings for work, which were productive although I wish one was more so. 

I also had a psychiatry intake appointment. That was stressful because I got the intake forms only yesterday, and because it started late and I thought it was my fault, but once it finally started it was nice to talk things over. I'm not sure exactly what is wrong with me, but I think there's something, and the appointment felt like a tiny bit of progress.

I didn't play Warcraft at all. That doesn't mean I didn't procrastinate, but it took the form of Reddit, Unfogged, and random things online. 

Around 4 I prepped dinner and left to get the kid - earlier than usual, but we had evening plans, a Halloween event at a museum. Traffic was terrible. It took over an hour to get to the school and back. I'm not sure walking would have been faster but it was pretty close. This gave me plenty of time to dwell on possible problems with the evening that didn't materialize. I made dinner, brussels sprouts and pork chops, while T. and the kid picked out costumes. Then we took the bus there. It wasn't the most direct route, but in addition to traffic today, the bus app has been unreliable lately, and we figured a bus most of the way there is better than a bus all the way there that never arrives. A bird in the hand, and all that.

The event was fun, but tiring. We made masks, enjoyed seeing people in costumes, looked at creepy-art-related books, had gelato, and the kid also had parfait. Got to go up on the terrace of the museum, which was cool. Thought about face-painting but didn't have time. Got home a little before 9, which is past the kid's bedtime.

I woke up this morning to find our dinner dishes still in the kitchen unwashed. Ugh. Forgot about them last night.

No comments: