Monday, October 16, 2023

Popcorn, errands, and insomnia

Wordle 849 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I made scrambled eggs and home fries for brunch. After Vermont last weekend and camping the weekend before, it's nice to have a return to normalcy. I did so a little earlier and faster than usual because the kid was signed up to sell popcorn, a Scouts' fundraiser. While T. and the kid went straight there, I went to the new neighborhood farmer's market. I got more there than I planned, partly because the baker is genuinely French and we got to chatting. Cool.

The fundraiser went well despite technical difficulties and the fact that her partner didn't show up. After that, a quick snack nearby at Union Market.

After that, home briefly, but we soon went out again. T. drove us to the mall. I needed new underwear and we got the kid a new windbreaker, since she's outgrowing her raincoat, and now that she has an allowance of her own she wanted to spend it at Claire's and a similar place. After that, snacks at Auntie Anne's, and then to a party/costume store for Halloween-related stuff.

Dinner at home, despite how late it was getting. Air fryer chicken drumsticks, a new recipe but the old one probably would have worked. 

I woke up at 3 in the morning and went downstairs to the couch. Getting back to sleep was harder than usual. On the bright side, maybe I've finally got past writer's block on a personal project? Project aside, one bit of advice I've got recently is to do something when insomniac rather than laying there and dwelling on it.

No comments: