Sunday, October 22, 2023

Long day

Wordle 855 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Pancakes and sausages for breakfast yesterday.

We spent most of the day cleaning and doing laundry. In addition to general weekend and seasonal stuff, T. says that reducing dust and dust mites might help with the snoring. I wouldn't complain about that. So it was laundry, vacuuming (not unheard of but done by a professional more often than us), cleaning under the bed, and more. It was a lot of work. In the afternoon, just as I was looking forward to getting off my feet, the kid's friend K. came over and it was time to make dinner (chicken, rice, and cucumber salad). 

After that we took them to Boo at the Zoo. Getting there went better than we planned: T. dropped me and the kids off at the top of the zoo, T. parked, we met in the middle. They had fun. K. was more goal-oriented about getting candy than the rest of us, but I still dragged them through a few zoo exhibits. Two chance encounters: on the way in we met a guy we knew from a Thanksgiving party a few days ago. Couldn't chat because managing kids and I forgot my phone in the car - whoops. And then near the end of the event I ran into a co-worker, there with her kid. It was nice to catch up. I knew her from the Before Time but I don't think I've seen her in person since then.

No comments: