Monday, October 30, 2023

High-calorie day

Wordle 863 5/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

For breakfast yesterday I walked to the bakery at the farmer's market and got pastries and French bread and we had a continental breakfast. Cool.

That arguably wasn't needed, though, because we went to brunch at a friend of the kid's soon after. Lots of food there. T. and I visited and caught up with other parents while the kids ran amok for 3 hours or so. I had a full plate of my own plus leftovers from or stuff "shared" by the other two.  

After that, home for a few minutes. In the afternoon the kid and I had a Scout event. We biked there on the ebike (not really exercise, but closer than driving, so good for us) despite the fact that we brought the tent for a tent-pitching exercise. It went well. 

After that, home. A friend of the kid's came over and I made a quick dinner. I made spaghetti and cauliflower because it was easy to make with what I had on hand and we were confident the kids would like them, but I regret it. Mostly because it was the same thing as two days ago and I usually like more variety, but partly because I had already had a ridiculous amount of carbs today. 

After that we took the kids to a Halloween event at the gymnastics school. They turned out to be on the older side but they had fun while T. and I went to a nearby bar and had cocktails. Then we took them to get ice cream because T. had promised it for some reason. I heroically avoided eating more than a few bites somehow. 

Food

Obviously, I'm not happy with my calorie intake yesterday. I try not to worry about it from Halloween to New Year's, but we aren't even at Halloween yet, and I'm still not getting any exercise worth mentioning...

No comments: