Tuesday, October 03, 2023

Frustrating Monday

Wordle 836 4/6

⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Biked the kid to school fine yesterday, except for the fact that I was biking her. We keep on seeing younger kids on their own bike. It bugs me to wrestle with T.'s massive e-bike when mine never goes inside the house to begin with and simply to do something for the kid that she could do for herself with just a little more practice. I've started making actual plans to get the kid to practice on her bike. Unfortunately there won't be time this week...

We've been worrying about money for a while - we're doing fine right now, but the renovation will be expensive - so I finally researched a couple of apps and set up Mint. I quickly hit a wall in making it useful, which I think will require either the passage of time for it to register transactions as they happen or adding more accounts, most of which will require T.'s help. I tried to get it started and that'll have to do for now, I guess.

Work was fine. Not busy. Wasn't too productive, but I still got one document to the reviewer. Better than nothing. 

T. was home most of the day, as is usual for Mondays. A little after 1 she left for a doctor's appointment and I started a serious dungeon in World of Warcraft. A +19, one of the highest I've done so far. About 10 minutes in, it was going great, but T. called me because all the bus routes were screwed up and she was going to be late for her appointment and asked me to pick her up. So much for that dungeon... I tried two more later on and they were OK, but not as good.

Getting the kid was fine. While I made dinner - roasted broccoli, fried chicken, and a salad - T. supervised homework. There was more of it than usual because, as I said, we'll be busy later in the week. (She got the harder task, in my opinion. Her choice.)

No comments: