Thursday, October 26, 2023

Parenting is hard

Wordle 859 3/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Got the kid to school fine yesterday, and work was adequate. Average. As always, I got the essentials done but wish I had done more. 

I picked the kid up at school a bit earlier than usual. I had brought her yellow bike, the bigger one, as requested last week. That had gone well, so I was optimistic about this biking session and I think she was as well. It was misplaced. She found the bigger bike harder to handle and had age-inappropriate tantrums about it, kicking the bike and blaming it for turning right against her will. Tempers frayed. So I took her home and got her on the purple bike a bit, mostly in the alley. It was better than the yellow bike but not as good as the last week. 

Dinner was a pork roast and broccoli. It was fine. The kid was also manic in the evening when we tried to make some phone calls. I forgot to finish cleaning the kitchen before going to bed.

No comments: