Wednesday, December 20, 2023

A good day in spite of myself

Wordle 914 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩⬜⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Drove the ladies to school and work. On the way home I passed people protesting a planned bike lane. I'm inclined to support bike lanes, but they seemed to think there was an ADA or similar issue and I just didn't know the argument about this particular one, so if I had time between parking and my first meeting I might have walked back and talked to them. 

I didn't have time, though, because it took 5 minutes to park AFTER getting to my own block. First the alley by our house was blocked by a truck. Then I tried going up the alley on the other side of the park, but the alley between the park and the school was blocked by a truck. I had to turn around in the school's delivery access area and go out the other way. And then the street in front of the school was blocked by people doing pickup or dropoff or something. So once again, anything that promotes biking is good by me. 

Anyways, work wasn't too busy. One meeting. Some minor work after it, but not too much.

I played Warcraft. My warlock, specifically. It seemed to start strong but fizzle out. Dungeons this season are easier but the raid seems harder, at least judging by how fast I seem to be making progress on Heroic, and being a warlock isn't a sure-fire guarantee of getting invited to a group that's (a) on the bosses I need and (b) good. 

I logged off the game and work at the last minute for my one "important" errand, going to the pharmacy to pick up some medication for T. I also didn't do as much dinner prep as I planned. I got to school around 4:35, early for guitar but 5 minutes late for an event for the extended day program. It was kind of interesting but I didn't see too much of it because the kid fled, in tears, because she thought she was in trouble and friends had hung her out to dry, or something like that? I'm not sure because she confided in a teacher, not me. She definitely wasn't in trouble. I wanted to validate her feelings, but sometimes it's hard...

We rushed out of there to guitar. I went for a brief walk but mostly relaxed. T. found us afterwards and let me know that a friend nearby had invited us to dinner. We'd have delivery at their place. Sure, why not. No need to cook for anyone.

No comments: