Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Worse in hindsight

Wordle 900 6/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟨🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I biked the kid to school on the e-bike, ostensibly because she was cold. When I got there I found she had unzipped her coat halfway through the ride. She says she just needs warmer gloves and in fairness it's plausible, but I'm annoyed about how progress has been nonlinear.

Our weekly team meeting was productive enough. In the process, we found out that a new task was so complicated that we need a meeting with the team it's coming from, so getting ready for that took an unexpected amount of time. 

Right after the meeting, plumbers arrived to work on the toilet. It seemed to go well enough at the time, but they definitely broke some nearby furniture, and even now I'm not totally sure how well they did the job.

I had a podiatrist's appointment at 2:30. I left around 1:30 and originally planned to take the bus, but wasn't sure I'd be there on time, so I drove. I arrived at 2:15. The doctor saw me after 3. They seemed nice enough, but the hospital, or the online service I booked the appointment with or both, clearly sucks. And "seemed nice enough" - I was in a rush by that point, for obvious reasons, but if I had had more time I might have had several follow-ups, like "why are two pages of this pamphlet blank?" But one thing that was clear was that I should be doing physical therapy, not weekly like I was doing it for most of the past year or daily like I tried for a couple months, but 3 to 5 times a day. Shit. That wasn't on my radar. Well, time to either get serious or live with this. 

With those distractions, it's hard to compare my workday yesterday to the previous two, but it was better than the previous Tuesday, at least. After getting back from the doctor's office I logged in at work and sent a couple really quick messages before driving to the kid's school and getting her to her guitar lesson.

Dinner was spaghetti, with a simple butter/Parmesan sauce instead of something tomato-based, and asparagus. Easy and more popular than usual. After putting the kid to bed T. and I worked on redoing the holiday calendars

To summarize, a bad day in a lot of senses, but I don't feel bad about my role in it. In bed T. said she didn't realize the plumber was on the same day as my doctor's appointment, with the implication that I was overscheduling things. My response was, "I'm trying to get things done."

No comments: