Sunday, December 31, 2023

Seeing my cousin

Wordle 925 5/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩
⬜🟩⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning we had breakfast at the hotel, then went to a nearby park with a butterfly preserve. 

Around 1 we met my cousin R. at a brewery she recommended. It was nice to catch up with her. Haven't seen her in person in years. After lunch we browsed shops in the area and chatted more.

We got back to T.'s parent's place around 5:30 and spent the evening working. T. and I, on our holiday cards, which arrived here while we were traveling; T.'s mother and I, on the Internet connection, which is down. Physically down. T.'s dad noticed that the line is on the ground. The power went out while we were gone, and apparently the power people didn't reconnect the Internet line. 

Reading

The day before yesterday, I finished The Subtle Art of Not Giving a Fuck. It was fine. I think I already know a lot of the advice in it. It's like the Kondo book in that I wish T. would read it, but I'm not sure that's worth recommending.

No comments: