Tuesday, December 12, 2023

Monday

Wordle 906 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Biked the kid to school as a passenger on the e-bike and did a little shopping on the way home.

Work was fine. Two meetings, one of which had a discussion about that document I finished Friday. The biggest annoyance of the day was a discussion with my teammate J. He had encountered documents on our to-do list with an uncertain status. This is definitely a problem, and almost definitely at least partially my fault, but as far as I knew yesterday their status hadn't changed for months so I wasn't too worried about it. From my perspective there was nothing urgent about them but apparently someone was asking him for an update on one of them. It felt like he was making a mountain out of a molehill, but in fairness to him, I didn't know exactly what he was being asked.

In Warcraft, I did a dungeon to improve my score a bit and was surprised to get Keystone Master for the season. This is earlier than ever - not surprising, the conventional wisdom is that this season is easier than usual, but still nice to cross off the to-do list. Still want Ahead of the Curve, and after that there's a lot of fun stuff I can work on...

We got a few things done around the house. Around 4 I drove T. to an event for a political group she belongs to. Getting the kid was fine. Dinner was lamb chops, a cabbage dish, and the leftover mashed potatoes. It was a hit. While I made that, I badgered the kid into doing some of her homework, and afterwards she had to practice her guitar. 

In between she read a little Calvin and Hobbes, but still, it all kept her busy basically until bedtime. I feel a bit bad about the lack of unstructured time. The upcoming week looks busy too. When does she get time to have fun? Of course, she had fun all weekend, but still, a vacation would be good for all of us...

No comments: