Monday, December 04, 2023

Photos and holiday party

Wordle 898 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning we had the usual breakfast, eggs and home fries, but we got dressed better and more promptly than usual because we had an appointment for family photos. So while the ladies were in the shower and doing their hair, I went to the farmer's market, and then I had my turn upstairs.

The pictures went well. The kid was well-behaved, and as far as I could tell they'll come out well.

After that, a little shopping, partly for something to bring to the party (see below) and partly to validate parking.

In the mid-afternoon, we went to a school fundraiser event at a cemetery, of all things. I guess the volunteer group that maintains it hosted a miniature holiday market as a fundraiser? 

We went home with an extra kid there. We had about an hour of downtime, and then we went to our friend's holiday party out in Bethesda, for a buffet with a little dinner (pulled pork, pasta salad, and green bean for me) and a ton of desserts, with two kids in tow. It was fun. Maybe it would have been more fun if we had insisted that the girls bring a game, though, because I spent too much time trying to keep them out of trouble.

No comments: