Thursday, December 21, 2023

Wednesday

Wordle 915 3/6

⬜⬜🟩⬜🟨
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Biked the kid to school yesterday on separate bikes. Doing so for the first time in weeks, in cold weather, was hard to get ready for, but still, good to be back in the saddle again.

Work was fine. One meeting, productive, and a lot of little tasks. In the afternoon I walked around the neighborhood dropping a bag of books off at Little Free Libraries. Decluttering progress. I also had my last therapy session. I'm cured! More seriously, maybe I didn't need it to begin with, or maybe I had a rough fall but my problems have been solved by now. 

Getting the kid and T. from school to the swimming lesson was rushed - as always, we all got there at the last minute - but otherwise uneventful. 

Dinner was leftovers. Struggling to up stuff in the fridge before we go.

Didn't sleep well last night. Woke up around 4 or 5 with a headache. Took a pill and went to the downstairs couch. At first I thought it might be a hangover - two drinks, which wouldn't normally be too many, but maybe they were too strong or close to bedtime or something? - but T. said she had a headache too, so I doubt it. Just one of those mysteries.

A week? That's it?

I already feel like I should follow up on those resolutions.

  1. Success, so far, close enough. I've played for maybe 20 minutes in the morning to check on something time-limited, or in the evening as we're relaxing for bed, but not in ways that achieve too much or even get in the way of anything else. 
  2. I haven't been observing this, and I think it was a bad idea, or at least, premature. If the morning is a good time for exercise, it's also a good time for certain work or chores, and I don't feel bad about prioritizing those. Also, sometimes exercise leaves me sore. Duh. Maybe after the plantar fasciitis is totally gone I'll be able to alternate jogging with other types of exercise so I have days to recover and it'll all fit in a half-hour or less, but I'm not there yet.
  3. I guess so. Too early to say.

No comments: