Monday, December 11, 2023

Trying to relax

Wordle 905 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Simple breakfast yesterday: French bread and pastries.

In the mid-morning we took the kid and her friend M. to a birthday party of another friend. They had fun but there was a lot of emotional labor involved: my kid cried when she thought she was the only one too short for an advanced obstacle course (she wasn't), her friend M. got left behind at one point and I had to get her to the gang, etc. We rushed through the pizza and cake because we had plans immediately afterwards: dropping out kid off at the movies, because another friend of hers had invited her. We made it in time, before her host in fact, and after dropping M. off at home we could relax.

T. and I called out parents and spent about an hour on the phone. (Catching up can be more thorough without a kid interrupting.) Then we watched a little TV. After that I remembered I had to go to the store to make what I was planning for dinner: tilapia, mashed potatoes, and asparagus.

No comments: