Thursday, December 28, 2023

Travel and shopping

Wordle 922 3/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning I called my sister (left a message) and emailed one of the aunts and one of the uncles I missed the Zoom call with. Atonement, or the start of it. 

I also went for a short walk in the orchards. I find the fog here fascinating. I could see less than a hundred yards there.

Of course, the camera lies. It can't be too peaceful or eerie when I could hear constant noise from the state highway just out of sight. But it looks peaceful and eerie.

A little before noon, we packed up the truck and started driving to Aptos. On the way we stopped by a mall. T. got boots, her dad got shoes, and the kid got a jean jacket and - da dan DUN! - her ears pierced. After that, lunch. It was tough getting everyone their order in the food court. I ate too much, and this time I can't blame anyone but myself. 

T.'s dad drove. It was stressful. Once we got to the hotel, that was the basically the day. Dinner was at the hotel's restaurant. Light, but had leftovers anyway. 

No comments: