Sunday, December 10, 2023

Bah Humbug

Wordle 904 4/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Typical pancakes and bacon yesterday. Later in the morning I walked and the kid biked to the farmer's market, so that was nice.

Our agenda for the day was Costco and an exercise-oriented shoe store, followed by a neighbor's 2-year-old's birthday party. Costco was stressful due to the crowd - it's that time of year - but otherwise fine. After that, snacks at Starbucks. The kid is always hungry these days.

While there, the mother of a friend of the kid texted and invited her over. Cool, a win for all of us. Then T. and I went to the store. It was in Virginia. I didn't plan to get shoes when I set out, it was mostly for T., but once I was there I noticed that the treads on my current sneakers were very worn and they found a comfortable pair for me, so I said I'd get them. T. said they'd be a Christmas gift. We kind of had a fight about it in the car on the way home. T. said we shouldn't get each other presents going forward, because I clearly don't enjoy it. I kind of wish I agreed, but I didn't say so at the time because she had just got me something and I would have felt worse being "behind". Ugh.

After that, a quick, easy dinner at home, followed a brief stop at the neighbor's party. T. said she was tired around 8, before the kid or I did, which is odd. She then stayed up until 11 mostly working on holiday stuff like pictures and cards. I stayed up with her, partly to help, partly to work on holiday stuff of my own like planning a trip, and partly because I felt like going to bed first would be admitting defeat.

No comments: