Thursday, December 07, 2023

It's starting to seem remarkable

Wordle 901 5/6

⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Drove T. and the kid to school because of a parent's group meeting at the school. Traffic was terrible, but I'm not sure what there is to say about it that I haven't said a million times before.

Had a meeting as soon as I got back about that new, very complicated task. After a helpful discussion, it's clearly not a task for us now and won't be in its current form. Woo hoo. After that I had a personal trainer session scheduled. If the meeting hadn't gone well, I would have cancelled with a clear conscience, but it did, so I went. It was a workout. Considering starting the related group class.

I was generally productive again at work, focused mainly on that near-miss of a task plus a semiannual report, but also working on a few other things too. Good for me. This stretch of productivity (Wednesday, not Tuesday but I'm not sure how to count it because was busy with personal stuff instead of work, Monday, and Friday) is a pleasant surprise. It helps that so much of what I'm working on is discrete, time-sensitive stuff. That might be seasonal and might be dumb luck but maybe there's some way I can get more tasks like that, or even think about existing tasks in those ways more? I dunno.

In the afternoon I got a few things done around the house. T. wasn't feeling well, so I took the kid to swim class alone. I also started reading Marie Kondo's tidying book. I'm very skeptical of self-help guru books like this, and 20 pages in I can tell it's very overwrought, but it's a subject I'm interested in so I might as well give it a shot.

Dinner was orange chicken from Trader Joe's kit. After I put the kid to bed, I ran two dungeons in Warcraft, the first of the week. How responsible of me.

No comments: