Sunday, December 11, 2022

Exhausting

Wordle 540 5/6

🟨⬜🟩🟨⬜
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday morning was lazy. I got up around 7 and the kid just a little bit after me, even though we were up so late the night before. I played WoW and she watched TV until T. got up on her own, around 9:30, and then I started making pancakes and bacon. Around 10:30 I suddenly noticed that, hey, we have a bunch of stuff to get done today! The kid practiced her guitar. We went to the farmer's market, despite the kid's strenuous objections. I put in a service request on the registration tag, and T. and I worked on laundry. 

Around noon we went to a Krampus event at a brewery. It was fun. I planned to cut back on drinking - not to continue the policy of cutting back, just to pace myself - but had one of my own, and finished one of T.'s she didn't like. Oh well. The kid enjoyed the costumes and a coloring activity.

We went home briefly after that for a late lunch and general regrouping.

Then we went to the birthday party of a friend of the kid, at a trampoline park. She spent more than two hours jumping, bouncing, flipping, etc. I watched her and visited a tiny bit with other parents. Dinner was pizza, fruit, and cupcakes. 

Then, back home, for another birthday party, the neighbor's one-year-old. Their older kid bugged our kid. We visited a tiny bit with adults.

T. put the kid to bed, and I went to bed myself before she finished.

I was feeling bad about depression last night, or just being stuck in a rut and needing to shake things up and the two uses of "tiny bit" abover, but in hindsight, with a day like that and one like today planned, of course I was tired.

No comments: