Friday, December 30, 2022

Getting ready to go

Wordle 559 4/6

🟨⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
⬜🟩🟨🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Work wasn't too busy yesterday. I got notice of an upcoming urgent task, but most of it isn't ready for me yet, so I couldn't do all that much. T. went to get the SUV from the shop with her dad, and T.'s mother slept in a bit and even after she got up had a more relaxing morning, so we brought the kid upstairs with me. She read a little and played games on her iPad while I worked. Or that was the idea, but we put her in an educational game and she got frustrated, so there was also a little math lesson. I think I did well on the fly, but I worry we're relying too much on things like that to keep her busy, which among other things is a problem when she gets ahead of herself and gets frustrated. 

Around 1 PM or so, T.'s mother took the kid to play with her friends again, which got her out of the house. Win-win. After we logged off work for the day, we worked on getting ready to go - getting started on packing, cleaning up, etc.

Around 5ish, T. got frustrated trying to set up that stereo for her dad more. As I was inspecting a speaker on a high shelf, I broke the stepladder. No harm done to me, but the ladder is unusable. We've been very destructive on this trip! Also, we eventually figured out that getting satellite radio on the new stereo, T.'s dad's highest priority for the whole thing, requires a separate device. Nice to know all this time we put into it was pointless...

When T.'s mother came home with the kid, they had the kid's friends with them. They played for a bit before dinner and joined us for it (tri-tip and potatoes made by T.'s mom, broccoli made by me). 

This is unusually early because I got up unusually early. T. was snoring and I couldn't sleep, and around 5 I stopped trying and logged into work a bit early to make today easier.

No comments: