Friday, December 16, 2022

Exhausting

Wordle 545 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟨🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday taking the kid to school wasn't uneventful. Or at least, it wasn't on the usual schedule. There was freezing rain in our region (just rain for us, but freezing rain in the suburbs I guess) so school started two hours late. She was fairly well-behaved in the morning and did a pretty good job of entertaining herself without bothering us or relying too much on watching TV. Wow.

Right after writing yesterday's post, I showered and shaved quickly and then went into a meeting at 9. While I was in the meeting, T. took the kid to school. After the meeting I typed up my notes and caught up on sorting my emails; I was able to file over a hundred. No recent action but organizing has value.

Personally and around the house we got ready to go. Packed, packed presents carefully because even if the contents aren't fragile we want the wrapping to arrive intact, packed for the kid because she had helped out as requested but her common sense is only age-appropriate, made sure all the devices were charged... For lunch we stuffed ourselves on leftovers. Then T. left to run a couple errands, including getting the kid from school. While she was gone I cleaned the kitchen, did the final loads of laundry, hand-delivered some holiday cards in the neighborhood, and tried to make sure the cat was comfortable. 

Her errands took longer than planned, but we still had plenty of time. The Lyft was actually early. We got to the airport around 3, security took probably less than 20 minutes, and our flight started boarding at 4:30, so we had a leisurely early dinner: burgers and fries. 

The flight went as well as could be expected. The kid was well behaved and apparently even managed to nap a little bit. I watched A Fish Called Wanda and Iron Man 3, both of which I had seen before but not recently. We landed around 8:30 and finding T.'s parents and our luggage didn't take long. We stopped on the way to their house for burgers and milkshakes, although the kid and I weren't hungry. We got there around 11 PM PST.

And here I am, getting up at or before the usual time despite all that just to have a semblance of a normal work schedule at least for today. I'm going to be tired tonight.

No comments: