Thursday, December 15, 2022

It's always busy

Wordle 544 5/6

🟨⬜🟨⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨🟨🟨⬜
🟨🟩⬜🟩🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday we were busy. Work was average or below-average productivity. I chipped away at some longstanding tasks. Personally, though, we finished the holiday cards (T. did more than me overall, but she has more extended family she likes to keep in touch with than I do; I did more of the cards for our mutual friends, for whatever it's worth) and got ready to travel. 

We also met with the cat-sitter. The cat has not been doing well for the past couple days. I feel bad about this. The surgery appointment, which we cancelled due to both expense and the fact that it would have been hard to schedule around travel and other things, was this morning. So problems yesterday and earlier would have been the same either way. Not sure how comforting that is when we're leaving the problem untreated for two weeks, though...

The kid had a shortened school day due to holiday-related inservice or something. I picked her up by bike around 3 PM. It was warmer than the morning would have been but still cold. To keep her busy we invited a friend of hers over.

Her guitar lesson after that went well. It was the last one with this teacher; she's taken another job elsewhere. 

Dinner was spaghetti and an esoteric peas recipe to use up a few random vegetables.

The last thing we did before bed was opening most of the Christmas presents, rather than bring them with us on the trip.

We were up late last night, with most of what I was talking about above. T. and I finished a bottle of wine, and did so lateish. I'm not saying I can't handle that much alcohol, but wish I had finished earlier in the night and/or had more water.

No comments: