Saturday, December 10, 2022

Wild and crazy Friday

Wordle 539 5/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I feel bad about doing that, given the walkout, but I didn't know about it until after I had started...

Yesterday dropping the kid off was uneventful. Work was the biweekly report. It was average, i.e. not great. But I had my inputs by noon and was done with my share by 1 or so, so I shouldn't complain too much. 

In the afternoon I went for a long walk: 3.77 miles. (Longer than any of my recent walks for exercise, and longer than my usual jogging route, although not longer than some of the exceptional jogging sessions.) A little shopping on the way back from that (including a snack, so this may have been a net negative for fitness). After that, I got cleaned up and put in a few more minutes at work. Around 4 we went to a happy hour for parents from the kid's school. We were in the minority of parents whose kids weren't with us, but given the location of the happy hour and our plans, it would have been hard. Fortunately she wasn't mad when we got her.

After getting her, she had the usual gymnastics class. Unusually, the gymnastics class had a "parents night" after that, keeping the kids later, so we went out for a nice dinner. Then grocery shopping, then a really quick dessert somewhere else, and we picked up the kid at 9. Wild and crazy, all right. When we did, we found two tickets, one for parking illegally (the other side of the block would have been legal, I think, but apparently not this side) and one for expired registration (we did the inspection and paperwork, but never got the new tag in the mail or even put the temporary tag on the car. Whoops!).

No comments: