Thursday, May 11, 2023

Afternoon yoga and ice cream

Wordle 691 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟨⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Woo hoo.

Yesterday I biked the kid to school uneventfully. Maybe a bit earlier than usual. 

Work was fine. One meeting for school stuff around 9. I was just listening in but T. had a lot to say. Also one meeting about a technical document with a subject matter expert who had had a very confusing input/request for us, but after speaking with her it's not totally crazy. One work meeting in the late morning, but the team we were supposed to meet with asked to reschedule. Like the day before, I spent the whole day with two computers out, one for personal stuff and one for work. On a day when I have the house to myself this is okay, but it'll be a problem when T. is around, so I have at least a soft deadline to get it fixed.

In the mid-afternoon I did the usual chores and did the yoga. (Exercise two, day five.) Good for me for not skipping it, although doing it later in the day feels very different from in the morning. I also played a little Warcraft, of course. Around 4 I went to an event T. was curious about, at a local ice cream shop our city council representative would be at, but I couldn't stay long and he wasn't actually the main event, just making an appearance. At least the ice cream was good.

Getting the kid to her guitar lesson and meeting T. there was uneventful. After parking we ran into a neighborhood kid and they got to play for about half an hour, until dinner was ready. Chicken, Brussels sprouts, and yet more of that carrot salad. Over dinner I had a lighthearted-but-serious conversation, kidding on the square, sort of about how I used to be introverted and learned not to be but wanted to restart.

No comments: