Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Seeing a movie on impulse

Wordle 703 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟩🟨
🟨⬜🟩🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Uneventful morning yesterday, other than the usual difficulties getting the kid dressed. Doesn't want to wear her school shirt, so we break down and and let her wear something else, but then she can't find the shirt that goes with the pants she wants...

Productive at work. T.'s presence plus the fact that I was on my work computer probably both helped. 

T. and I talked throughout the morning about plans for upcoming events and stuff. One of us mentioned in passing that we'd like to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3, but we probably won't have time before mid- to late-June, and it probably won't be in theaters by then. (It's not just 3 hours free, it's also a babysitter, and we wouldn't want to do it on a week when we already have 4 other things going on, so...) On a whim I checked the theater near us. They have showings four afternoons this week. T. and I checked our calendars. The only day that worked for her was yesterday. We checked with the parents of a friend of the kid and confirmed that they could pick our kid up after school, because the movie would end near the last minute, and they could.

So we logged out of work just a little earlier than usual, drove over there to get to the school as quickly as possible afterwards, and saw the movie. It was fun. A comic book purist might have been bothered by the depiction of Adam Warlock, his depiction here was very different from in the comics, but that would be silly. 

After that, straight to the school. The kid was having fun. I was a little embarrassed to explain exactly why we were late but it wasn't a problem. 

T. took the kid to the park while I made dinner. It was pasta and asparagus. Not my finest work and also kind of small but they were fine. 

In the evening, as usual, we watched TV and I played Warcraft. After TV was over (one episode of Shadow and Bone), I raided in a pickup group. After several attempts, we killed the final boss of the current raid on Normal difficulty. Cool. Not all that big a deal, it's only Normal, but it's faster than usual for me. Now on to harder stuff...

Time to clean kitchen: 10 AM, I think. T. and I both did some.

No comments: