Saturday, May 06, 2023

Work and also traveling

Wordle 686 4/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜

🟩⬜⬜🟩🟨

🟩⬜🟨🟩⬜

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I started the day with yoga, Exercise Two, day four. Good for me after a few days of skipping it. Today was a short workday, so unlike previous days I logged on to work before starting the exercises, and checked it in between positions. I'm ambivalent about that. 

  • On the one hand, this exercise took over 20 minutes when I started and for all I know later exercises will take even longer; it's nice to be able to count that as part of the workday without it being completely dishonest. And some days it's no problem at all, there's just nothing I have to do first thing in the morning. 
  • On the other hand, even when work isn't demanding, checking it disrupts the flow of the exercise and presumably reduces whatever meditative aspect there is to this. And some days work is demanding and trying to do yoga first thing would be problematic. I guess the simple answer is to not do it those days. But sometimes it's hard to tell...

Anyways, I biked the kid to school as usual. In the morning I finished that draft of an SOP. Good for me. This clears my short-term to-do list. There's always something to do, but I'm at the point of the professional equivalent of rearranging my sock drawer, at least until the next task comes in. 

In the later morning and early afternoon we finished packing for this weekend's camping trip. We left the house around 1:30. Later than planned, but I was busy and I guess T. was too. Got the kid from school and the drive was mostly uneventful. While making camp we discovered that we had forgotten THE KID'S SLEEPING BAG. Ugh. So after dinner at a restaurant I found nearby, we went to Wal-Mart to buy a new one.

No comments: