Saturday, May 13, 2023

Effing Friday

Wordle 693 3/6

🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Started the day with yoga yesterday. Exercise two, day seven, but I'll probably do another day or two of this because it has been spaced out so much. Biked the kid to school uneventfully.

Work was OK. In an objective sense it was easier/less busy than most Fridays we have that biweekly report. My teammate had an appointment in the early afternoon, so she and I switched jobs, and her usual role is less time-consuming than mine. On the other hand it was also less familiar, so I made a mistake our boss caught which was minor but even so is never fun, and my afternoon was busy too...

Right after logging off work I went to physical therapy. It went fine. New therapist. While in there T. called me but I didn't take it because I was busy. As soon as I left I called her back. She had a rant about a terrible meeting with the school administration. I'm mad about it too, for that matter, but I was getting it secondhand from her. As soon as we hung up, I realized I had left my sunglasses in the PT office. Fuck. And they had just closed for the weekend. 

I biked home fast, got cleaned up, threw together some snacks for the kid, and went to get her and T. Just that was tough due to traffic and coordinating with T., but we got there by the usual time. We dropped the kid off for gymnastics, which would be followed by a date for us. 

It was fun and relaxing. We went to Kaiju, a Japanese place we had tried to go to a couple times before. After that we had thought of seeing My Fair Lady at the theater nearby, but I checked and we wouldn't have time for it before the kid's after-hours event thing ended, so we just went for walks around the neighborhood and had Baskin Robbins ice cream for dessert. 

I'm not sure why I'm complaining about this. Only one or two actually bad things happened; otherwise it was a typical day or even good. But I was in a bad mood all day except for actually while having our date.

No comments: