Friday, May 05, 2023

Productivity or else

Wordle 685 4/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟨⬜🟨
🟨🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Once again, no yoga yesterday morning. My morning was again slightly busier and earlier than usual, and T.'s was much earlier; she'd have to leave the house almost an hour earlier than usual for a day trip. The kid got up early, excited about a field trip, but was well-behaved and read to herself until it was time to go. I biked her to school uneventfully.

Between what I hadn't done yesterday and what we have planned for the next few, I had no choice but to be productive. I buckled down and finished my draft of that document with PDF-to-Word artifacts around noon. In passing I mentioned it to my coworkers, and they took one look and commiserated with me, so I'm reassured that the problem wasn't simply my laziness. I also made a start on the third document that's been on my to-do lists recently. Didn't finish, but I think it's reasonable to hope I will today.

I also did a little shopping. To REI, for some camping gear for our upcoming trip we haven't got around to getting before now, and to the grocery store, for some essentials for the trip and also stuff for when we get back. 

When I got home I got everything camping-related out of the basement. Several armloads. Doesn't feel like roughing it when I look at what's going to go in the car. Then I did some laundry - not exactly needed for the trip, but a good idea. 

T. got home around 4. There was some confusion about when and where to pick the kid up, because one field trip (school trip to a nature walk) was leading smoothly into another (Girl Scouts trip to a nearby fire station), but the first one was getting back late due to traffic. In the end we got her at the fire station with minimal problems.

Dinner was steak with a Korean sauce and baked potatoes. I don't normally like just potatoes as the vegetable, but these came out well. While cooking and getting the kid cleaned up a bit, we also packed.

We all got to sleep a little earlier than usual. Long day all around.

No comments: