Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Blame the game?

Wordle 690 4/6

⬜⬜🟨🟨⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟨🟨
⬜🟨🟨⬜🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I planned to do yoga after logging in like Friday, but had problems logging in. My personal computer couldn't do it at all. It seemed like the issue back in February, but I had no problem logging in on the corporate computer so it wasn't exactly the same. So I just worked on both computers all day, with my personal one for games and other personal projects and my corporate computer for actual work. Weird.

Biking the kid to school was fine. I kept meaning to get around to yoga all day but didn't. Work wasn't too busy and I only got the bare minimum done around the house. I'm tempted to blame World of Warcraft or my approach to it, the game is more fun than it was a year ago and a new season just started yesterday with new competitive content and if I had been absorbed by exciting new stuff it might have been understandable, but for three things:

  • It shouldn't matter if the game is better, I still have to adult.
  • The game was down for several hours to implement those same updates, so I had time to get stuff done whether I wanted to or not.
  • When I finally did get in, I didn't spend my time on that exciting new competitive stuff, I just did the weekly chores and some general farming/world quests. 

The good news is, I didn't neglect work too much. Two meetings, both relatively demanding, plus follow-ups in a more or less timely way, went well.

Around 5, as the last minute for everything passed, I sent one or two final work emails and rushed out the door to get T. and the kid. We all went to her swim class together. It went well enough but took longer than usual because we met with the teacher afterwards for a progress report, because the kid will have a different teacher while traveling over the summer, and maybe join a swim team or something in the fall? Not sure yet.

Dinner was a stir-fry which I prepared while the kid serenaded us with her guitar practice, under protest. The stir-fry took longer than planned despite the fact that it was from a kit. I should have done a simpler sauce. I liked it but no one else did because it had mushrooms

While T. read to the kid, I did my PT more thoroughly than usual, so good for me about that. I got invited to do the new raid with my guild. I had to leave after 5 bosses and 3 attempts at the sixth. Not bad for day one but I have no idea what they thought of me, if anything, since I was muted to better watch Ted Lasso with T.

In addition to all the above, one more thing was weighing down on me was Mother's Day. I didn't have plans and worried it was already too late to make them. 

I didn't sleep well, maybe due to all of this, maybe for other reasons. This morning I made a Mother's Day reservation first thing - maybe not the absolute best possible, but a nice place we haven't been to in a while and T. approved of it - so I'm relieved to have that bare minimal requirement done, so that's nice. Too early to say how the rest of the day will go...

No comments: