Monday, May 15, 2023

Mother's Day

Wordle 695 4/6

🟨⬜⬜🟨⬜

⬜⬜🟨⬜🟩

⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩

🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I slept until 7:20 - later than usual but far from enough, considering the night before. I played a little Warcraft as usual in the morning, as normal for a weekend, but also did a lot of cleaning, both on general Mother's Day principles and because we had a friend coming over for brunch. I left around 9 to get the kid. It was a long wait for a bus but we had left our car there (we were prepared to cut loose the night before! I wish we had!) so I wound up walking the 1.4 miles. Good for me. 

Brunch was pancakes and bacon. I cleaned while the ladies visited. Then I took the kid to the park. A friend soon joined her. They wound up spending about three hours together, in the park near our house, in our house, at a park farther away with swings and bigger playground equipment, and getting ice cream after all that. Fun and good exercise for them and incidentally some quiet time for the moms.

The only chores we made the kid do were cleaning her room and playing a little music. Not too bad. 

For dinner we went to Bistrot Du Coin. Feels fancy because it's French but it's definitely a neighborhood bar that happens to be French. Nice place. Haven't been in a long time, probably before we had the kid. T. and I liked our dinners. The kid tolerated hers enough to get dessert. Despite our best efforts, the kid got to bed late. Oh well. T. and I were in bed early.

No comments: