Wednesday, March 01, 2023

A good Tuesday

Wordle 620 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟨⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟩
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Phew.

Yesterday I took the kid to school alone and T. slept in. She put these days off on her calendar weeks ago and it's a good thing; I assume she can't have known how stressed work and other stuff would be these days. On the way home I suddenly noticed a building that had collapsed or caught fire or something. Weird.

I had two meetings yesterday, both in the morning. The first was brief, just our usual team meeting. The second was the last of these meetings about updating teams' documentation, and it was the worst. Or if that is too dramatic, it's the one where we got the most pushback, as opposed to indifference. And this is a team that hasn't been easy to work for on other things either. Oh well, it was only half an hour. That, plus a few follow-ups on similar meetings, was most of my workday.

In the early afternoon we met with the architect. Basic stuff, mostly getting measurements of the neighbors' basements (I think lasers were used, it took about 30 seconds per basement, technology is impressive) and reviewing our plans briefly.

After that I went for a walk. On the way I called physical therapists and tried to set something up. Nothing definite but hopefully I'll have something next week at the same location as last time. I checked out that building I saw earlier; maybe it was a controlled demolition, but there had been an electrical fire or something? I also returned a book to a library, got a few groceries (we're good through Friday night and at that point it's easy to shop), and bought the third windshield wiper. (Three blades, three different models. It looks a bit silly but I assume no one will notice in a week.) After that, a little more work, following up on an access request even though it turned out I couldn't address it myself. 

T. and I left to meet the kid at her swim class 5 minutes late, but as it turned out she was later than that. Apparently there was some kind of problem at the school. The swimming lesson itself went well.

Dinner was fried rice. I did most of my physical therapy over dinner. Not all, but combined with the walk, I feel like I was "good." We let the kid stay up a bit late because she was at the climactic part of an episode of She-Ra and I admit I was getting into it myself. I kind of regret it, though, considering how she didn't make bedtime afterwards as easy as I would have liked.

No comments: