Thursday, March 02, 2023

An adequate day

Wordle 621 4/6

🟩⬜⬜🟨⬜
🟩🟨🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday I drove the kid to school and T. to work and had the house to myself, which is always nice. 

I had no meetings at work, which is also always nice. I also got to all but one of my follow-ups the team-by-team meetings we had over the past few weeks, so good for me.

I played less WoW than I normally might have yesterday (although definitely got some in; more on that in a minute), but it wasn't replaced by productivity; instead I spent more time catching up with people at Unfogged. A mixed blessing. 

In the early afternoon the architect's preferred contractor came over to plan some stuff out. Progress. 

I did one dungeon yesterday in WoW. Over the time by about a minute, but still improved my score which is what counts for me, but the group blamed me for missing the timer, which isn't fun. Between yesterday and the day before I cleared all six raid bosses I've already cleared before, which is efficient. There are eight bosses and I've been stuck at 6/8 for a while, but I'm really going to seriously try on the last two and either get them or give up soon.

At the last minute before getting the kid I wrote a to-do list for today of three things I had forgotten or not got around to and prepped falafel for frying for dinner. Simple mix. I was later than I'd like to be to get her, but still got there before T. She had a long day at work which is never fun, and the kid was sort of grouchy too. It seems playing with her friends on the playground didn't go well. She did a good job practicing her guitar after getting home, though.

Dinner was a falafel platter, as I said, marred somewhat by T. feeling sick. Hopefully lunch just didn't agree with her. I did my physical therapy over dinner and after dinner. T. relaxed for a bit while I cleaned up. When the kid hit her TV limit, she and I found ways to entertain her before bed. We played tag briefly but our house isn't great for it. We started a puzzle but it was too big/hard to finish. Then she suggested an art project and I put together a light table (glass table with a flashlight under it for tracing), so that was an interesting art experiment. T. had recovered enough to put her to bed.

I feel guilty calling the day merely "adequate" when I had the place to myself, had fun, and got the essentials done. On the other hand, I don't want to call it "good" when I still left several things for today and didn't get any exercise, and the others didn't have a good day.

No comments: