Monday, March 20, 2023

I'm trying

Wordle 639 6/6

⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday after posting the previous I went for a brisk walk. Then I made brunch: scrambled eggs for everyone, home fries for T. and I, freezer waffles for the kid. 

Around 11 we had a family photo shoot planned, an annual tradition in general and in this case it was a fundraiser for a school event. It was relatively easy for me to get ready for that. While T. and the kid got beautified, I cleaned the kitchen, did some laundry, and did my physical therapy for the day. The photo shoot went well, although it was very cold. We had chosen springy outfits and it was in the 30s.

After we got back, I tried to keep busy and be productive. T. and I both worked on the laundry and updated out calendars. T. helped clean the kid's room. I paid the architect's latest bill, emailed a friend about getting together, emailed a bike teacher about a lesson for the kid, and did some research into selling comic books and posted an ad for a chunk of my collection on craigslist. I also tidied up around the house. I also called my sister to catch up and plan her upcoming visit, and my parents to catch up. During most of this the kid had a friend over to play. They weren't too much trouble.

At some point T. noticed my mood, or at least noticed how busy I was and asked if everything was all right. I unburdened myself a bit. In addition to what I've been talking about lately, there's probably also some stress about the renovation plans. She had a lot of suggestions and I shot them down for one reason or another, but I appreciate the thought. 

Dinner was vegetarian: pasta with broccoli and roasted Brussels sprouts. The kid liked it more than I expected. 

I went to bed by 9.

I played no Warcraft yesterday. I say that not to brag or complain, I'm not entitled or compelled to play any particular amount, but to point out how hard I was trying to get/stay on top of things. I did read a bit while doing the comic book research, I wasn't magically driven, but I was and am trying.

No comments: