Sunday, March 05, 2023

Cookie-selling and a long-overdue playdate

Wordle 624 5/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨⬜🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬜🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Yesterday we had the usual brunch. We had had plans to visit friends in Virginia, but they cancelled, so it was more relaxed than expected. I did my physical therapy in the morning before leaving the house. Good for me. In the later morning I took the kid to the park with her bike. She's getting better but still not completely without training wheels yet. Still, progress is progress. Just as importantly, I think she had fun rather than struggling through a lesson.

After that, I suggested an art exercise, where we'd both draw She-Ra, from the cartoon she just finished. I probably should have planned it better because she got frustrated and mad when it didn't come out like she pictured. She might also have been too young for this sort of thing. 

After that, a playdate with a friend of hers we haven't seen in a while. It was nice. We were surprised to learn that her brother's birth had gone badly, because we hadn't known her mother was pregnant. At first I assumed I had forgotten but T. didn't know either. And it sounds like they're fine now or will be soon but it was a rough birth. So it was good to catch up with them.

After that, Girl Scout cookie-selling. I had worn sandals comfortably in the park, but it was windy and the table was in the shade and we were all cold. Eventually T. asked me to go home and get coats for everyone. Took the bus there, drove back. We all did a little shopping at the time too.

Dinner was tortellini and cauliflower. The kid's favorite, and fairly easy. 

Bedtime was hard, but I'd also call it progress. When I got tired of sitting with her, I went downstairs and watched TV with T. We later found that the kid read in her bed the whole time. I'm not sure she actually got to sleep before we did. But she didn't bother us, and it's a weekend, so I guess it's OK.

No comments: